How to airplay a slideshow to HDTV from iPad
May 31, 2013
Posted by on
It is easy to airplay iPad photos on TV with Apple’s airplay feature. However you can even airplay photos with music, transitions and more effects as a slideshow than just still photos. In this tutorial, I will show you how to run a slideshow on iPad and airplay photos from iPad albums and online web albums on TV.
Requirements to use Airplay:
1. iPad 2 (or later), iPad mini with OS5 or latter
2. Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) with version 5.0 or later software
3. Wi-Fi (802.11a/g/n) network
Slideshow app: Photo Slideshow Director HD – an amazing iOS slideshow maker
Step1. Produce a slideshow on iPad
First, you need to convert photos to a slideshow with Photo Slideshow Director HD(App Store Link). It can turn photos from iPad albums and online web albums into a stunning slideshow easily and quickly. So you can also stream pictures from Facebook, Flickr, Picasa, Dropbox and other web albums onto TV besides iPad photos.
Once photos are imported, a slideshow is ready is presenting. Also you can customize the slideshow with background music, dynamic transitions, pan / zoom effects, text, subtitles and more.
Step2. Connect iPad to TV through Apple TV
- Change Apple TV and iPad to the same WiFi network.
- Double press the Home button of iPad to display your recently used apps at the bottom of the screen.
- Wipe the used apps tray from left to right until you see the Airplay icon. If you can not see Airplay icon, it means your iPad and Apple TV are not in the same Wi-Fi, please set them in the same Wi-Fi.
- Tap the Airplay icon to display all the available Airplay devices.
- Select Apple TV from the list and wipe the Mirroring ON / OFF slider to ON.
- Now the screen of your iPad can be mirrored on HDTV.
Step3. Airplay a slideshow to TV from iPad
- Now come back to Photo Slideshow Director HD. Tap the Play button, the slideshow will play both on iPad and HDTV. However, the slideshow is not displayed in full screen on TV. To watch the slideshow on TV in full screen, please do the following.
- Tap the Export icon and select HDTV / Airplay. Besides watching a slideshow on HDTV, you can save it to Camera Roll, upload to Facebook, YouTube, Dropbox and SkyDrive, transfer it to PC.
- Once you see TV Connected showing in the main screen, it means you can begin streaming the slideshow on TV in full screen.
- Tap the Play button to watch the slideshow on TV in full screen.