How to play iPad photos on TV as a slideshow
May 13, 2013
Posted by on
In this tutorial, I will show you how to convert your photos to a stunning slideshow presentation, then connect your iPad to TV for mirroring a slideshow to TV from iPad.
What you need to play your iPad slideshow to TV:
- Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter
- HDMI cable
- iPad 2 or iPad 3 and a HDMI-compatible TV
- Photo Slideshow Director HD(App store link)
1. Create a slideshow presentation with photos and music
Photo Slideshow Director HD is a simple yet powerful slideshow creator. Add photos and music into it, then a slideshow with transitions and pan / zoom effects is ready to display. Also you can select transitions and customize pan & zoom effects, add text and subtitles to describe the slide show, choose a theme, specify time for slides and transitions, etc.
Besides streaming the slideshow to your TV, you can upload it to Facebook, YouTube, Dropbox and SkyDrive for sharing.
2. Connect iPad to TV with Adapter and HDMI cable
- Plug the Apple Digital AV Adapter into your iPad via 30-pin dock connector.
- Plug the HDMI cable into the HDMI slot(the smaller of the two slots on the other end) of the Apple Digital AV Adapter. To have you iPad charged at the same time, connect the dock-to-USB cable to the other adapter slot with the dock end, then to the power adapter with the USB end.
- Insert the other end of the HDMI cable into your TV HDMI port, and switch the your HDTV input to HDMI. Now the screen of your iPad should be displayed on TV.
3. Mirror a slideshow to TV from iPad
- Now go back to Photo Slideshow Director HD, tap the Export icon and select HDTV / Airplay.
Select HDTV/ Airplay
- Once you you tap HDTV / Airplay, the first picture in the slideshow will be displayed on your TV, and it will show TV Connected in the main screen of the Photo Slideshow Director HD.
- Tap the Play button, the slideshow will be playing on your HDTV in full screen.